In recent years, more and more people have begun to use wrought iron furniture to beautify their houses, which is not only practical, but also very classical. However, although many people bring wrought iron furniture home, they do not know how to maintain it.
The advantages are
- The colors and shapes are changeable. When consumers buy, they can let the merchants produce various shapes according to the patterns they want to meet the needs of various decoration styles. Compared with wood products, the degree of personalization and plasticity of wrought iron furniture are slightly better.
- High finish, strong plasticity, sturdy and durable, and changeable styles; its unique “cold” texture of metal makes hot summer a hot season for wrought iron furniture.
The disadvantage is that
- Some cheap wrought iron furniture, basically no art
- Most of the iron furniture does not consider ergonomics, and most of them are not very comfortable
- The welding is rough, and it is easy to crack the weld after rust, resulting in damage and difficult to repair.
So today, I have specially sorted out some maintenance tips to share with you. If you like wrought iron it, don’t miss this article~
Iron furniture maintenance skills 1: Wipe with a soft cloth
Dust can be said to be the “natural enemy” of all furniture, and wrought iron furniture is no exception. But because of its “iron” nature, we’d better not treat it like wood furniture.
Try to choose a cotton rag dipped in a mild detergent to wipe it, and for the dust in the depression, you can’t wipe it hard, you can use a soft wool brush to brush it off along the gap, so as to reduce the rust of wrought iron furniture The probability of greatly prolonging its life cycle.
Iron furniture maintenance skills 2: avoid exposure to sunlight and isolate moisture
Long-term exposure to the sun will change the paint color of wrought it, and the metal will be oxidized and deteriorated, so try to avoid exposure to the sun.
At the same time, if you want to buy wrought it, the indoor humidity should be maintained within the normal value, away from humidifiers and other items. If the furniture placed outdoors encounters rainy days, the water droplets on the surface of the furniture should be wiped dry in time after the rain stops. , to avoid rust.
Iron furniture maintenance skills 3: stay away from acid and alkali
Acid and alkali that have a corrosive effect on iron can be said to be the “number one killer” of wrought it. Therefore, it is best to keep it away from acid and alkali substances, such as: sulfuric acid, vinegar, methine, soapy water, soda water, etc., but if it is accidentally stained, immediately rinse the dirt with clean water.
Iron furniture maintenance tips 4: take care of it when it is rusted
If the wrought it is rusted, do not use sandpaper to polish it at your own discretion. If the rust is small and shallow, you can apply cotton yarn dipped in oil to the rusted area. After a while, wipe it with a cloth to remove the rust; if the rust has expanded If it becomes heavy, you should ask the relevant technical personnel to repair it to prevent the furniture from being damaged.
Iron furniture maintenance skills 5: avoid collision
In order not to affect the aesthetics and use effect of wrought iron furniture, it is necessary to avoid collision with sharp objects, and be careful when handling. In addition, wrought it should be balanced when placed. If it is shaken frequently, it will slightly deform over time, which will affect the service life of the furniture.
Although the surface of wrought iron furniture is “strong”, it also needs to be cared for carefully. If you have wrought iron furniture, you must keep the above skills.